Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ache

ache   

–verb (used without object)
1.to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
2.to feel great sympathy, pity, or the like: Her heart ached for the starving animals.
3.to feel eager; yearn; long: She ached to be the champion. He's just aching to get even.
–noun
4.a continuous, dull pain (in contrast to a sharp, sudden, or sporadic pain).

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010.



"If you are still being hurt by an event that happened to you at twelve, it is the thought that is hurting you now. "
(James Hillman)



*photo by Lonely Pierot




After Many Days


I WONDER if with you, as it is with me,
If under your slipping words, that easily flow
About you as a garment, easily,
Your violent heart beats to and fro!

Long have I waited, never once confessed,
Even to myself, how bitter the separation;
Now, being come again, how make the best
Reparation?

If I could cast this clothing off from me,
If I could lift my naked self to you,
Of if only you would repulse me, a wound would be
Good; it would let the ache come through.

But that you hold me still so kindly cold
Aloof my floating heart will not allow;
Yea, but I loathe you that you should withhold
Your pleasure now.


D.H. Lawrence